Monday, October 14, 2013

I am a writer because . . .

I am a writer. I have published books. I am a writer. I have received both kudos and criticism. I like the kudos more. I am a writer. If you don’t enjoy my words, that only means that you don’t enjoy my words. Nobody made you Literary Critic God. I am a writer. The fact that I earn my living from a day job subtracts nothing from this fact. I am a writer. When my computer goes pffft, or the electricity fails, I resent the loss of my word processor more than I care about the Internet access or television. I am a writer. I cannot imagine not writing. AND - I am the last boss I’ll ever have. Of course that doesn’t take into account my editor, my publisher and the people who read my books, who all think I work for them. Actually, it’s the other way round. In their own way each of them works for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I am a writer. The fact that I earn my living from a day job subtracts nothing from this fact." - That's so bloody awesome... Thank you for the reminder, Nick.